16 March 2012

J.CO Donuts & Coffee Has Arrived in the Philippines

Finally! The "fastest growing donuts and coffee chain in South East Asia" has arrived in the Philippines. J.CO Donuts & Coffee also has branches in Bali, Singapore, Jakarta, Kuala Lumpur, and Shanghai.



Last March 15, 2012, Filipinos had a taste of this brand from Indonesia when it opened its first store in the Philippines at The Strip Megamall. I was so glad when I found out that its store is just a few minutes away from my office. Thus, I did not miss the opportunity to go to their opening day. 


I was so excited on my way there because many of the people walking in Megamall were holding boxes of J.CO Donuts. Still, I was surprised when I arrived at the store and saw it was all jam-packed despite the program having ended. Literally, the products are selling like hot pancakes donuts! Don't believe me? Look.

Barmy (the one in yellow) left me the instant we got there. He got amazed at the variety and went to look at the menu board.

The staff kept on making donuts and refilling the trays, but they become empty again after a few seconds.

I admire them for being able to keep up with the crazy demand that night.

What I like about J.CO is that their wide selection of donuts, drinks and yoghurt. Considering the size, Php42.00 may be expensive, but the more you buy, the more you will be able to save. Imagine, 2 dozens of their donuts only cost Php550.00. That's Php22.92 per piece. Much cheaper than your regular premium donuts brand.



There were a lot of yummy-looking donuts, but these two caught my attention. The one on top is called Mr. Green T which has Matcha cream and toasted almonds. On the other hand, the bottom is called J. Club Cheezy Rich which is oozing with cheese.


A smile showed in my face the moment I took a bite at this sweet treat. It was so yummy and satisfying. It is not too sweet as well allowing you to munch on several pieces without that "umay" factor. It was definitely a love at first bite.


I also tried their Iced Chocolate. I really like it because the cocoa taste is very apparent. This is definitely refreshing!


In addition, the staff of J.CO are really efficient, attentive and polite. I was very satisfied with their service considering the huge amount of people who come and go. So much so that people in the line are waiting not only to pay, but also to wait for the donuts to be made. That's how fast it sells. I didn't mind the long queue because the staff are delightful. Here is a picture with Alvene Ngo, their Marketing Assistant. She was very sweet and accommodating.


They also have a photo booth outside the store. I took this with BB that's why it is blurry.


The next day, I cannot stop raving about it in our office. The next thing I knew, my boss bought 2 dozens for everyone, and conducted a mini donuts party. What a sweet afternoon it was!

Photo credits to BelJan Ben
 Photo credits to Jundy Jose

Go on and indulge yourself in these delightful donuts! Visit them at:
J.CO Donuts & Coffee
The Strip, SM Megamall Bldg. B,
Julia Vargas Avenue, 
Mandaluyong, City
(02) 508-9182

No comments:

Post a Comment