27 March 2012

Song Do Korean Restaurant

Having resided in Katipunan and Teacher's Village for quite some time, it is inevitable that I develop an inclination towards Korean food. Since many Koreans live in those areas, Korean establishments such as groceries and restaurants sprouted and became abundant. I usually eat in a Korean restaurant once a week. However, now that I do not live there anymore, I rarely get the chance to eat the said cuisine. Hence, imagine my delight when I discovered a Korean restaurant near my workplace. Actually, I pass by it everyday but it was only recently that I took notice of it. Those of you who frequent Ortigas might be familiar with it already.


What I like about Korean restaurants is that they give complimentary appetizers and soup. Most places allow for refills as well. They do this even if you order just a dish. 

 Appetizers: kimchi, fish cakes, pickled chili and a lot more!

Complimentary soup

For that night, my friend Bamu and I ordered US Angus Jumul ruk (Php450.00), Woo Samgyup (Php380.00) and Dolsot Bibim Bap (Php330.00). For a complete list of Song Do's menu, click here. 

 Woo Samgyup

US Angus Jumul ruk

I did not enjoyed the Woo Samgyup or beef belly that much because it was too dry and bland compared to the ones I have tried before. As for the US Angus Jumul ruk which is marinated beef ribs, I really recommend it. It is juicy and tasty. The marinade has a sweet and tangy taste that I like. Remember the appetizers above? You can put both of these beef dishes on top of a lettuce, add appetizer of your choice, roll and eat. The vegetables makes eating this healthier.

Dolsot Bibim Bap

Whenever I go to Korean restaurants, Bibim Bap is a dish that I always order. The combination of rice, vegetables, ground beef and egg may be too simple and uninteresting for some, but I think the authenticity of a Korean restaurant can be determined by their Bibim Bap. It is simple yet complex while having that light taste despite being spicy. Well, the spice level is up to you as the chili paste is served separately. As for Song Do, their Bibim Bap tasted authentic.


In totality, I enjoyed dining in Song Do. My only comment is that the staff was not attentive as I expected them to be. Bamu even had to stand to and go to the counter to ask for water. Aside from that, this is a place I can recommend to you.

Song Do Korean Restaurant
2nd Level, Ortigas Center, El Pueblo Real
Julia Vargas cor. ADB Ave., Ortigas Center
Pasig, Metro Manila, Philippines
Phone Number:
(+63 2) 636.4821
(+63 2) 636.3626

No comments:

Post a Comment